Original version, for Android 2.3.3 and newer, without the timed test option. This works on the original Kindle Fire.
New version for 2015-2016, now with Division. Should work on Android 4.0 and newer. This is the version we use in the classroom as of January 2016. With Division
- The App is for Android devices only. It will not work on Apple or Windows products.
- It has been tested on screens as small as a Samsung Galaxy phone and as large as a 10" tablet.
- The newer app has been tested on several Android versions from 4.0.4 to 5.0.
- The app is free to use and share. I only ask that you not sell it or make it part of some other product.
- To install the app:
The app allows you to practice multiplication up to 12 times 12, and addition with sums up to 20. Other topics may be added occasionally.
In "Practice and Learn" mode, you tap the question mark to see the answer to each problem, and self-evaluate your performance. If you know the answer quickly and correctly, click "Right!". If not, click "Oops." The app will automatically give you extra practice on that problem during the current session. Nothing is remembered between sessions, or if you choose the "Start Over" menu option.
"Practice the Test" mode is very strict. You type in the answers and there is a limit on how long you can take for a problem. There is also a required average speed. One mistake and you are out! The trick is to stay relaxed while working quickly. If you put too much pressure on yourself, you'll make more mistakes. Just keep starting over until you can get through the whole test, or go back to "Practice and Learn" to learn at your own pace.
- In your device's Settings (typically under the Security section) enable "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources". You may want to disable this again after you are done.
- Download the file to your device.
- If it does not install automatically, use a file manager app to go to your downloads folder and click the file "BrainyMath_Division.apk" . Installation should begin.
You can also start the download with this code: