Our goal for this year is to help students absorb that information through repetition and review. The program will designed along the same lines as the reading program:
- Short weekly sessions between one student and one volunteer
- Dollar rewards for participation and achievement.
- A format which does not require preparation by the volunteers.
- Encouragement of outside study, in order to earn more rewards during the sessions.
Topics will be introduced sequentially as time allows. The first two are ready to go. The rest may be replaced or reordered along the way:
- Multiplication facts to 12 times 12
- Addition facts to 10 + 10, as well as any combinations adding to 20 or less.
- Identification of useful and extraneous information in word problems, and identifying what operation is required.
- Division and subtraction