A successful pilot program tested the concept in April and May of 2009.
For the 2011-2012 school year we now have these details:
- A brief introductory talk will be given on Friday, September 2nd at 9 a.m.
- All third graders will meet with volunteers on Friday afternoons, starting September 23rd.
- Book limits have also been established. Students will be allowed to turn in no more than two books per week. With permission, a student may substitute one larger book for two or more small books.
Program Brochure (Word format, .doc)
Form for Student Sessions (PDF format, .pdf)
Reading Volunteer Page
Reading Volunteer Outline
- Opening day talk, pilot program.
- Opening day talk, September 29, 2009.
- Spring 2009 Budget
- Closing day talk, 2009.
- Closing day talk, 2010.
- Closing day talk, 2011.
- Closing event for volunteers, May 2010.
- FOGL Talk, September 2009.
- Opening day talk, September 2, 2011.
- Comments for pre-holiday awards, December 2011.
- Introduction for Second Graders, April 2012.
- Closing day talk, 2012.
- Comments for pre-holiday awards, December 2012.
- Closing day talk, 2013.
- Comments for pre-holiday awards, December 2013.
- Closing day talk, 2014.
- Closing day talk, 2015.
Reading Plan Ideas and Issues
Ideas for a new set of volunteer/student paperwork
ReadingQuestions Released questions from California STAR testing, for reference.